Effective: April 22nd, 2021
The policy governs Jcorp Technology LLC's privacy practices and use of your personal information, relating to Platform LMS. The purpose of this policy is to help you better understand what personal information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have over it. By using Platform LMS, visiting the Platform website at platformlms.org, or utilizing any other offerings, made by Jcorp Technology LLC ("the company", "Jcorp", "we", "us", "our"), relating to Platform (colloquially "the service," or just "Platform"), you ("the user") consent to provisions of this policy.
1. What This Policy CoversThis policy covers all user personal information and institution information, intellectual property ("content"), or other data that is collected by Jcorp, during the operation of Platform (colloquially "your data"). The policy does not apply to users who use other Jcorp products (unless they also use Platform) or share information with Jcorp outside of Platform.
2. What We CollectWe collect data from you for and during your use of Platform. Generally, that data falls into one of two categories: information you provide to us and data we collect automatically.
2.1 Information You ProvideDuring your use of Platform, you provide information to us. This includes account information, like your name, email address, username, and password. With the exception of a password and email address (for institutional users only), this data is required. We use it to identify you, secure your account, and contact you, with account notifications and marketing communication. While using the services, you provide us with content. This includes information, text, and files you store in courses (if a teacher), submissions and quiz responses (if a student), and messages. This data is required for proper functionality of the services. Finally, we may — at our sole discretion — ask independent users for account verification information, like a government-issued ID (minors will never be asked for a photo ID). This is also required, when asked, to help us secure and protect the services.
2.2 Information We Collect AutomaticallyWhile operating the services, we may automatically collect data from you or your computer. This includes use information, like logs. Our servers automatically log every request, including such information as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your user agent string (which gives information about your browser and operating system), and the URL of your request. We use these logs for technical support and debugging only; we do not run analytics on these logs or look for patterns. Further, we regularly delete old information from logs. We also implement logging directly into the Platform application (at app.platformlms.org). This, separate log is used for analytics, to help understand how users use Platform. This log does not usually include information that can be used to identify what user the information came from (it does include a session identifier, but that is only tied to a user for 24-hours or less). We collect tracking information from visitors to Platform's main website at platformlms.org, which does include IP addresses and browser information. This data is used for analytics, is stored internally, and is never shared with a third party. If you use persistent sessions (by clicking "Remember Me" when logging in), we store your IP address, user agent string, and user ID, which allows us to keep you logged in and verify that you are the same person who originally logged in.
3. What Your Data is Used ForWe use the data collected from you to operate the services properly, secure and protect Platform, and understand how Platform is used. That's it. We do not use your data for marketing (outside of Jcorp) or advertising, and we never sell your personal data.
5. Your Rights & Privacy ControlsWe are committed to keeping you in control of how your data is used. With that in mind, we want to remind you about certain rights you have over your data and our data collection:
- You can delete any of your content from the service, at any time;
- If a teacher, you can delete assignments, quizzes, conversations, files, pages, and modules by simply clicking "delete;"
- If a student, you can delete all of your assignment submissions, quiz responses, and conversation posts by leaving the course (under "settings");
- Any user can delete any message sent to them by clicking "delete."
- You can request deletion of your account at any time.
- If a non-institutional user, contact email@example.com;
- If an institutional user, contact your district.
6. Data SecurityWhile no technology-based service is completely secure, we take every reasonable measure to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction. To this extent, we aim to follow industry security standards, and we monitor the services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To decrease the chance that your account is ever compromised, consider using a strong password (which you should store securely and never tell anyone).
We currently store the following kinds of cookies:
- Analytics Cookies
- Analytics on websites owned by Jcorp are managed entirely by Jcorp. We do not allow third parties to track users while on Jcorp websites. We do not track users once they leave Jcorp websites.
- Analytics cookies start with "owa_" and can be deleted or blocked without consequence.
- Session Cookies
- These cookies identify you as a unique user. They are associated with your Platform account, and keep you logged into Platform. These cookies always expire when you close your browser (when you log in again, you get a new session cookie, with a different identifier). If you delete a session cookie, you will be logged out.
- Session cookies are named "JCPSESSION"
- Persistent Sessions
- The persistent session cookie stores a persistent identifier, which allows you to remain logged in throughout multiple sessions. This cookie is only set if you select "Remember Me" when logging in and is deleted when you log out or after 7-days (persistent sessions last only a week). If you delete this cookie, you will be logged out after the current session ends.
- The persistent session cookie is named "persistentSession"
8. MinorsIf you are a minor (a natural person under the age of majority — 18 in most jurisdictions), you use the services and share your data with the consent of you parent or guardian (or your school or district, on behalf of your parent or guardian, if allowed). If you do not have such consent, you cannot use the services. Platform is intended for users 13 years of age or older. If you are an independent user, you must be over the age of 13.
9. Legal ComplianceJcorp makes every effort to comply with every applicable law. If you are afforded rights, relating to your data or privacy, not offered in this policy, no part of this policy or the terms shall be construed to deny you those rights. This policy is made and agreed under the laws of the United States of America and the state laws of Florida. You must be a current resident of the United States to agree to this policy or to use the services.
10. ChangesThe company reserves the right to change this policy at any time, with or without notice. Your consent and agreement to this policy always refers to the most recent version. Jcorp will note that changes have been made to this policy by altering the effective date. The new policy will always be posted at least 30-days before it takes effect.
11. Contact InformationIf you have any questions about this policy, Jcorp's handling of the data you provide to us or we collect, or if you would like to exercise any of the rights provided to you here, reach out to Jcorp using the contact information provided hereunder:
ATTN: Customer Privacy
Jcorp Technology LLC
304 Indian Trace #316
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33326